Do you have a pond? Want to build a pond? Or going to close an old pond?
Attend this workshop to learn about the following:
- How ponds function and change over the course of 10 or 20 years
- How to manage aquatic plant and algae growth, and other issues
- The best locations for situating a new pond, and different types of ponds
- Stocking your pond with suitable types of fish
- The legal requirements of creating and owning a pond, including
- Pond excavation and construction permits
- Permits to take water
- Regulations concerning outflow from a pond
- Regulatory requirements involved with fish stocking
- Closing an old pond
- Experts will also be available to answer your questions.
Thursday, October 20
7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
3971-7A Hwy, Nestleton Station (see a map)
There is a suggested entrance fee of $10 per household which can be paid at the door.