Durham Sustain Ability Named Finalist for 2012 Great Grants Award!
The Ontario Trillium Foundation today announced that Durham Sustain Ability is a finalist for the prestigious 2012 Great Grants Awards. The awards recognize Ontario organizations that have demonstrated exceptional results, innovation and a lasting impact on the communities they serve.
Durham Sustain Ability has been selected as a finalist in the environment category. A total of eight 2012 Great Grants Awards recipients will be recognized in the presence of Hon. Michael Chan, Ontario Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport, at a ceremony in Toronto on March 23.
“We are very proud of Durham Sustain Ability, and are excited that, with this nomination, its work in the community will now be acknowledged across Ontario. Its efforts go to the heart of the Foundation’s own work: to support good ideas and help foster community connections that improve people’s quality of life.”
Pramilla Ramdahani, Chair of Grant Review Team for Durham, Haliburton, Kawartha and Pine Ridge, OTF
“The funding that Durham Sustain Ability received from the Ontario Trillium Foundation has allowed us to provide education, programming and services that have created positive change and helped to mobilize the Durham Region community. The Team at DSA is excited and honoured to be considered for this prestigious award.”
Shawna Mutton, Executive Director, Durham Sustain Ability
- Ontario Trillium Foundation Great Grants Award finalists were selected from among some 4,500 groups that received OTF support between April 2006 and December 2010
- Eight Great Grants Awards will be presented on March 23 in Toronto:
- One award for each of OTF’s four funded sectors: arts and culture, sports and recreation, environment, and human and social services
- The Minister’s Award
- The Chair’s Award
- The CEO’s Award
- The People’s Choice Award
- OTF grants funding to approximately 1,500 organizations each year.