Social Enterprise Competition Announcement
Calling all young philanthropists and social entrepreneurs! Are you ready to take your world-changing idea to the next level?
Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE) announces its inaugural Social Enterprise Student Competition.
Do you have a great idea for a new socially responsible product, service or business model? Then OCE's Social Enterprise Student Competition is for you! Don't miss your opportunity to be a part of the next generation of social entrepreneurs through one-on-one mentoring and your chance to win a $25,000 grand prize to start your own social enterprise.
To enter, participants must submit a 1000 word business plan by April 2, 2012. Ten finalists will be selected and partnered with a leading social innovator to receive mentoring and guidance on their business plan. All finalists will then participate in a verbal elevator pitch style competition at OCE’s Discovery 2012 Conference, May 14-15 in Toronto at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre where the winners will be announced.
For the full contest rules, deadlines and to download the application form visit http://www.ocediscovery.com/social_enterprise2012.aspx
Why should I enter?
- Gain exposure! Leading social innovators will be on hand to see your work
- Anyone can win! The competition is open to post-secondary students and recent grads (3 years) from any educational department at any academic institution in Ontario
- Get help! Learn from leading social innovators and have them help you design a business plan to make your social enterprise dream a reality
- Win! Have your chance to win up to three prize awards: $25,000 (first place); $10,000 (second place); and $5,000 (third place) to develop your social enterprise
- Do something good!
- Sustainability and innovation go hand in hand in today’s economy
- Improving environmental and social performance can have a positive impact on many aspects of Canadian businesses
- Social Return on Investment (SROI) is becoming an integral aspect of evaluating companies’ bottom line
For further information about the competition or questions about how to enter contact:: Denise Brennan, Social Innovation Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “OCE Social Enterprise Student Competition 2012” in the email subject line.